Friday, June 22, 2007

Twinkle Toes


Old Twinkle Toes.....Baryshnikov as he's known to the free and even not so free worlds was on the today show this morning. I don't know anything about dancing of his sort or dancing of any sort for that matter and I don't really have much to say about him or even care about him but I had two thoughts while watching him today:

1) It must be nice getting to a place where you are the best and a genius at what you do (sort of like me here) cause then it doesnt matter what you do its considered genius. Like Picasso, Michelangelo, etc. Some of the things he was doing in the little clips just seemed utterly ridiculous to me but a) I don't know what I'm talking about re: dance and b) it was Twinkle Toes so to the rest of the world it was genius. I just struggle to see the genius in some of the nonsense.

2) Twinkle Toes invited the world to just dance....dance whenever, wherever and however you feel. The world is supposed to be a better place if we all do so. I'm pretty sure that is what he said anyway. Now I'm thinking this is a preposterous suggestion but for the sake of my own life and good times I sure hope the world take him up on this. I would love to see more cuckoo's out there flitting about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home