Saturday, August 26, 2006

Buffoon of the Day: Grocery Store Doof

So I'm out getting a few things (chicken, salsa, chips, milk, cheese, etc.....for those of you who must know) and I check out and here is one of the normal check out guys. This guy's name is George. George is about 35 I guess and has worked as a check-out guy at this store for the last 7 years so clearly George has no real hope. George has bushy, light brown hair, big coke bottle glasses, a dumb thick mustache and a chubbyish face.....just to set the scene. Now here's my exchange:

George: Hi, how are you doing today....have that fuelperks card?
Me: I'm fine, you...good...here's that card
George: Great, great....ok, that will be $18.12 or the year when xxxx was made president (I can't remember who xxxx was....what do I care for god's sake)
Me: is that real? do you know all the presidents?
George: oh yeah, all of them.....washington, adams, 3, 4,5,6,7,8.etc, etc, etc, etc, etc and so on and so on and blah, blah, blah, 32, 33,34, blah, blah blah, Bush JR.
Woman behind me: WOW, and I thought my husband was the only one who could do that, you two would really hit if off
Me: That's great....I'll see you tomorrow for the Vice Presidents

What the HELL George. What makes you think someone buying milk wants to hear the goddamn presidents? Lunatic....all that talent and this is all you can do with your life???

Next time (after I test George on the VPs) I'm sticking with the standard plan and just going to one of the 16 year old high schoolers who ignore everyone because they can't believe they are working at a grocery store with people like George.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Messiah said...

What a god damn buffoon!

8/26/2006 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home