Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Job

So I’m on this new gig two weeks now and starting to figure out what I’m supposed to be doing. It hasn’t been real easy figuring this out because I only talk to my boss about 30 minutes a day and he just starts spewing stuff at me.

After two weeks the dialogue is something like this:
Boss: What I need you to focus on is figuring out how we compare to our competitors in terms of cost. The issue is the information doesn’t exist anywhere so that’s going to be a challenge.
Me: So you want me to answer a question where there is no answer or data to derive an answer?
Boss: Ah, well, that’s one way to look at it.
Me: Is there another way to look at it cause I don’t really like that way.
Boss: I can’t think of any other way at this point but we need the answer very soon.
Me: the answer to that question that has no answer?
Boss: Correct that one.
Me: How much are you paying me to do this?
Boss: $xxMe: Ok….I guess I’ll go do something for that.
Boss: good, do it soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home