Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Guiding Light....I thought I witnessed a fantastic moment


Last Friday I was sitting at home channel surfing and I turn to the Guiding Light. I have watched GL on and off for over 15 years (no, I'm not a 20 year old spring chicken as one might imagine from reading this nonsense) and every now and then when I see it's on I tune in to see who's doing who, how old the kids are, whether Josh and Reva are together or apart these days and why? Josh and Reva are the Luke and Laura, the Beau and Hope of GL.

So this grand Friday I tune in and the first thing I see if Reva on her death bed. I’m thinking….NAH, of course she isn’t gonna die, nobody dies on soap operas and certainly not Reva. But then it kept getting more serious….I’m thinking this really might happen….Josh and Reva had been on and off for as long as I had been watching the soap, Reva is the most heralded female character on the show and I am ready to watch her die. Then I start looking and her and I’m thinking….”oh my Reva, you are ready to die……just look at you”. This was NOT the Reva of my many teenage self-pleasuring moments. Reva went from a hot, milfy vixen to an old, haggard, short haired, man. I don’t know when Reva got the sex change and I don’t know why Josh is still there by her side talking about how she can’t go. Let her go Josh, Let her go…..she’s horrible looking. I spent many a moment alone with my GL and Reva while I was a teenager so this was a big disappointment and I found myself rooting for her death.

Sidenote: to make matters worse, between all the drama a commercial comes on with Cheryl Ladd (former Charlie’s Angel and also subject of some special teenage moments alone) doing menopause commercials. How am I still 22 and these women aged so much??? Please don’t tell me I’m actually getting older…..I know that’s not it.

Anyway, I’m watching, the ending is coming near and sure enough……Reva flatlines, sad music, everyone crying…..Reva died…..she’s dead. I couldn’t believe I witnessed history….the death of Reva Shane…..not one of those lost in the jungle, killed in a fire but never found the body, thrown overboard a boat with no body type deaths….she flatlined….she’s dead.

Monday update: OHHHH silly man…..NOOOO she’s not dead. Turn the show on 30 minutes in and Reva is being begged out of her coma. That flatlining bullshit was just that….bullshit.

Damn you GL….got me AGAIN.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all


Free advance eBay Service to Seller your used and new products at http://www.BuySellDirect.net


Do your friends and family a favorite buy introducing http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE service to all of them?

4/27/2010 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home